MoPub Program Policy
Last updated: June 19, 2014
If you choose to use MoPub Platform, including MoPub Marketplace, you are required to adhere to the following policies, when applicable. If you fail to comply, we reserve the right to disable your account as indicated in the Terms of Service.
Please note that we may change our policies at any time. Pursuant to our Terms of Service, it is your responsibility to keep up to date with and adhere to the policies posted here.
Use of the Service
You must use MoPub only for serving advertisements and promotions to mobile applications and websites. You may not use MoPub to serve other content.
You may not serve advertisements that interfere with the correct operation of the user’s mobile device.
You must provide the following information with every ad request sent via the MoPub SDK:
- Advertising Identifier (AdID or IDFA) or other Device ID (e.g., ANDROID_ID)
- Ad Unit ID, mapped to the correct application that is in use by the end user
COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
Publishers using the MoPub service must comply with COPPA in the collection and use of “Personal Information” from children under 13 years old. “Personal Information” includes device IDs, IP addresses, geo-location information, and any type of unique, persistent identifier (e.g., IDFA), when collected from a child under 13 years old.
Please note that COPPA’s restrictions still allow the use of persistent identifiers for frequency capping, conversion tracking, and contextual ads, and we will continue to support these services on all apps, including those used by children under 13. However, these services are only available to premium publishers who agree to commercial terms. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information. Please see the additional FTC guidance and FAQs here regarding COPPA. We urge you to consult your legal counsel on how to comply with COPPA.
MoPub does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. You must inform us if any your apps are either: (1) directed to children aged 13 or under, or (2) collect information from children that you know are under 13. If your apps are directed at children age 13 or under or if you collect personal information as defined by COPPA from children you know to be under 13, you may not register for MoPub’s services using this website. Instead, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a demand partner, you may not use data from any user that you know to be under 13, or from any bid request flagged with dnt = 1, to (1) create user profiles for advertising purposes, or (2) target interest-based advertising. You must also abide by any other user- or device-level choices made known to you by MoPub or independently.
If your app is designed for children age 13 or under or if you pass us information obtained from children you know to be under 13 and if you have not informed us or agreed to commercial terms, you are in violation of MoPub’s Terms of Service, and your account is subject to immediate termination.
App and Site Content
MoPub may not be used to display ads on apps or sites with the following types of content:
- Excessive or gratuitous violence directed at people or animals
- Advocacy against an individual, organization or group based on:
- race, ethnicity, national origin, color
- physical or mental disability
- sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
- veteran status
- any other legally protected status
- Pornography, pedophilia, incest, bestiality or child sexual exploitation
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Online casinos and gambling
- Hacking/cracking content
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g., firearms, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Content focused on alcohol
- Sales of tobacco, tobacco-related products or electronic cigarettes
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Counterfeit goods
- Malicious or suspicious activity including but not limited to malware, badware, spyware, requesting or displaying ads that are hidden from the user
- Content displayed without necessary legal rights
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
- Any other content that violates the policies of the operating platform (e.g., Android or iOS content policies)
Prohibited Content for Minors
Publishers may not use the MoPub service to market or advertise the following products or services to users under the age of 18, or in an application web site that is directed to users under the age of 18:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Weapons, ammunition, or weapons training/certification
- Aerosol paint or etching cream capable of defacing property
- Tobacco or tobacco accessories, any controlled substance or paraphernalia, or any substance/material containing Salvia divinorum or Salvinorin A
- Projectile, BB, or pellet guns/devices
- Tanning in an ultraviolet tanning device
- Dietary supplement products
- Body branding such as tattooing, body piercing, or permanent cosmetics
- Sexual content
Third Party Terms
You must comply with any applicable third party terms, policies, guidelines, etc. that apply to your ads, apps, sites, distribution, data handling and business practices.
Invalid Impressions and Clicks
Impressions and clicks on ads must be the result of human user activity.
Marketplace Creative Restrictions
Marketplace Pricing Confidentiality
All pricing information is confidential and may not be shared with any other party besides MoPub, except as expressly directed. MoPub reserves the right to terminate all Marketplace participation if there is a breach of this confidentiality.
Partner Incentive Programs
From time to time, MoPub may offer demand partners the ability to participate in incentive programs. These programs are offered equally to all “qualified” partners. These programs are subject to change at our sole discretion.