As the mobile advertising ecosystem continues to grow, interoperability is becoming increasingly necessary for managing healthy supply inventory. At this crucial time, MoPub is excited to announce the release of our publisher management API. This REST API will help publishers customize and manage their publisher UI monetization setup faster and more consistently by taking advantage of programmatic.
Taking advantage of the tool
The API offers resources for managing:
- Applications and ad units
- Advanced Bidding
- Orders and line items
Each resource supports fetching, creating, updating, and deleting/archiving, enabling developers to automate manual tasks commonly executed within the publisher UI.
For example, a developer could use the REST APIs to build out simple solutions such as waterfall line item management automation from a user-provided input file (such as a .csv), or solutions as complex as building out unique workflows that can then be integrated directly into their own business intelligence dashboards.
REST API benefits:
Expected benefits from taking advantage of these new, public APIs include:
- Significant time and manual effort saved by programmatically managing aspects of your account (e.g. csv export/import tool).
- Increased confidence in reducing the likelihood of human error by developing against these new public APIs to build automated workflows for the creation and optimization of your monetization stack.
- Greater consistency across your portfolio with easy-to-replicate setups across multiple apps and ad units at scale with batch update functionality.
- User-friendly features like filtering search results and bulk updating objects (i.e. line items).
How to get started:
We built the API with ease of use in mind.
- API keys can be generated directly within the Account Settings tab of the publisher UI.
- Up to 10 API keys are supported. For security purposes, the key will expire 6 months after generation.
- For authentication purposes, one of these active keys must be passed as a specific header within every API request.
About the author: Lead Technical Solution Consultant
Tara is MoPub's Lead Technical Solution Consultant. She joined Twitter in 2015, to work with publishers who have integrated the MoPub SDK. When she's not thinking about SDKs and APIs, she loves biking, swimming, and hanging out with her Pomeranian puppy, Pippin. You can find her on Twitter at @tibach212.