MoPub Network Mediation
This guide is intended for publishers and networks that are interested in using MoPub Mediation. MoPub Mediation allows publishers to make ad requests to multiple ad networks to maximize revenue and increase fill rate. MoPub supports both server-side and client-side network mediation integrations. Depending on the ad formats and use cases, the MoPub team will recommend the best integration method. Note that MoPub reserves the right to certify partners at our discretion. Existing Supported Networks are listed here.
- For server-side integration, networks must build to the MoPub Server-to-Server API Spec.
- For the client-side integration, networks need to build a Custom Event Adapter as the bridge code that sits between the MoPub SDK and an ad network’s SDK. For instructions on building adapters:
Program Process for Network Mediation Partners
Network partners should follow the below process to get certified officially.
Contact the MoPub mediation team at email@example.com and provide the following details:
- Subject: [Insert Network Name] Mediation Request
- Highlight the ad formats you want to support – Banners/Interstitials/Rewarded/Native
- Information about your company and the type of advertising demand that flows through your network
- Link to the company website
- List of the publisher customers that will be accessing your demand through MoPub mediation
Depending on the ad formats and use cases, the MoPub team will recommend the best integration method (SDK Adapter & Server-Side API).
Reporting API for Network Partners
Upon receiving the approval, Network partners should refer to the integration process explained in the Server-to-Server spec or the Custom Event Adapter SDK spec for further instructions. Another step would be to work on MoPub’s reporting API integration.
MoPub allows publishers to view your ad network revenue, impression, and click data all in one place, allowing them to manage and optimize their revenue more efficiently. Usage of the Network Reporting API is only available for certified MoPub Network Mediation program partners.
Please send an email to MoPub’s mediation team (mopub-mediation(at)twitter(dot)com) with the detailed information about the following:
- Can publishers login to your UI and create both application and placement IDs? If so, please explain the step-by-step process.
- How are placement IDs broken out (size, ad format, etc..)?
- Can publishers create more than one placement per size under an application in your UI?
- Are placement IDs automatically generated?
- Are there any limitations on the amount of placements a publisher can create?
- What are the ad serving naming conventions on your end?
- Confirm you can support country and placement level reporting