Client-Side SDK Mediation
The MoPub SDK allows publishers to make ad attempts to multiple Ad Networks to maximize revenue and increase fill rate. For client-side integrations, a Custom Event Adapter is the bridge code that sits between the MoPub SDK and an ad network’s SDK. Supported Client-Side SDK Adapters are listed here.
The MoPub Mediation page outlines how to request candidacy to be an officially supported MoPub Mediation partner, please review this documentation before moving forward with writing custom events.
*Note that MoPub reserves the right to certify partners at our discretion.
Writing Custom Events
Publishers and networks/mediation partners can develop adapters for any non-supported network that MoPub has not yet certified. This option is for ad networks only. Existing Marketplace buyers must adhere to the single-point-of-entry policy.
NOTE : Make sure to update the custom event adapter’s header comments with the latest version of the networks SDK that was tested. For example:
* Tested with <Network Name> SDK 2.0.3
How to Test Adapters
Once you have completed building the adapters, create a network using the “Custom Native Network” type with the MoPub Platform. Place the fully-qualified class name of your custom event (e.g. com.mopub.mobileads.YourCustomEventInterstitial in case of Android, or YourNativeCustomEvent in case of iOS) in the “Custom Class” column.
The MoPub SDK will instantiate your custom event adapter subclass at the proper time while your application is running. You do not need to instantiate any of these subclasses in your application code.
The following test cases should be verified before sending the build to MoPub:
- All the required custom event callbacks should be implemented. Especially the callbacks that are used to notify the success and failure, as these are important for the MoPub SDK to manage the network mediation
- Make sure your network tracking impressions and clicks are fired
- Verify that the MoPub tracking impressions and clicks are fired
- If you are auto-caching an ad in the background, make sure to call the success callbacks only when MoPub requests one. All the ads returned to MoPub before it’s call will be discarded