Quick Start Guide
If you haven't already, create a free MoPub account.
How do I create my first ad unit?
- Open MoPub and create an app or monetize an existing app.
- Decide what ad format you want to create. Make sure you check out our best practices for banners, interstitials, native, and rewarded video.
- Create your ad unit and save. Be sure to grab your ad unit ID for code integration.
- Repeat as needed by going back to Inventory tab.
- Be sure to implement the SDK. Review our detailed instructions for Android, iOS, and Unity. Note: Not running native? Save up to 60% in disk space with our modular SDK.
- Test your ad integration to ensure ads are showing and impressions/click trackers are firing correctly. You should already have a demo line running in your account for testing, but you can also set up a house ad for testing from the Orders tab.
Okay, my ad unit works. How do I monetize?
There are three ways:
- MoPub Marketplace, our real-time bidding exchange
- Ad Network Mediation
- Direct Ad Serving
Setting up MoPub Marketplace
- Go to Marketplace tab and complete your payment information including address, payment info, and tax information.
- Marketplace approval takes a few days so be patient and ensure all your information is accurate, including if your app has a valid app store URL in the app settings and abides by our Supply Side Policies. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once approved, you can manage Marketplace price floors and settings from the Marketplace tab.
- Check out our Marketplace FAQ to learn more.
Setting up Ad Networks
- There are several ways to mediate networks through MoPub: server-side (S2S), custom native network (network SDK), or custom networks (network tag - not recommended).
- Here is a list of our supported network partners with compatible SDK versions/adapters and ad formats.
- You are welcomed to mediate non-supported networks, but you will have to work with them directly to develop adapters using these instructions.
- MoPub does not provide technical support for network JS tags. Use them sparingly and with caution; follow these best practices.
- When choosing a supported network (with a logo), enter the network placement IDs in the network ID section.
- If Android adapter name in custom event class section. The custom event class data section is reserved for additional network information like network ID and must be entered in JSON format. Save.
- If custom network, paste tag in HTML tag and save.
Setting up Direct Ad Serving
- Go to "Create Order" button. Fill out any fields with an asterisk (*).
- Complete ‘Add a line item’ section. Make sure to review our line item and advanced targeting sections.
- Click "Save and View"
- Scroll down to "Creatives" section and click "Add a New Creative". Select desired "Format" and complete rest of the fields.
- Trafficking video? Please review our VAST trafficking guidelines.
Great! I'm monetizing. How can I review performance?
There are four ways:
- MoPub Reports: Run report and track metrics based on MoPub data.
- Network Reporting CSV: Access revenue and performance data from supported network partners and the MoPub Marketplace
- Publisher Reporting API: Receive inventory and campaign reports through an API
- MoPub UI Dashboard: Review performance and filter to KPIs that matter most our UI dashboard.
For more detailed information, please visit our Help Center or reach out to email@example.com or your account team.Updated: August 2017