MoPub Quarterly Advertising Insights – Q3 2013
We are excited to share with you our latest Mobile Advertising Insights Report for Q3 2013.
The MoPub Quarterly Advertising Insights Report provides market data and insights on the trends of programmatic buying in mobile advertising. Three mobile themes we consistently see in the market are:
- Consumers are rapidly adopting smartphone and tablets for Internet access outside of the workplace
- Mobile apps are an increasing share of time spent on mobile, as they provide the best experience for consumers and marketers alike
- Advertisers are leveraging programmatic buying mobile faster than they did in desktop
Our conclusions and measurements are based on all of the auctions that we have conducted from October 2011 to present.
Highlights of this report include:
- Pricing in Q3 has held near all-time highs, defying traditional summer slowdown with Competitive Factor up 30%
- eCPM increased 9% Q/Q, maintaining strong Q2 numbers
- For the first time ever, we saw banners outpace interstitials, with an increase of 25% in bid depth
- Interstitials saw an increase in eCPM, ending the quarter at $2.99 from $1.92 average in Q2, an increase of 55%
- iOS7 adoption was rapid, with over 88 million uniques in the first two weeks after launch (50% of iOS devices)
Check out the entire report below or download here.
Questions about the report? Please contact us here.